- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, divided
- Combine the wafer crumbs, pecans and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, liqueur and vanilla until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spread into crust. Chill until serving.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water and 1-1/2 cups raspberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- Spread topping over filling. Garnish with remaining berries. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Raspberry Cream Pie
"This absolutely one my family's favorite recipes. I can see why it won a contest!"
"I made this for Thanksgiving and it is so, very good! My daughter has requested it once a month. I'll make it each holiday."
"OH MY, i also reduced the sugar and found it was great. I reduced sugar by 1/4 cup"
"This was okay, but we found it way too sweet, especially the topping. If I make it again I'd make half of the topping as there is way too much and also reduce the sugar content significantly."
"This was a big hit. I left out the orange liqueur. I baked the crust for about 15 minutes at 350, so it wouldn't crumble. Also made one without crust for a gluten-free version and that was great as well."