Contest-Winning Raspberry Cream Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, divided
- 1. Combine the wafer crumbs, pecans and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, liqueur and vanilla until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spread into crust. Chill until serving.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water and 1-1/2 cups raspberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- 4. Spread topping over filling. Garnish with remaining berries. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 507 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Raspberry Cream Pie
"I made this today to take to a July 4th cookout, and it was a big hit. I easily doubled the recipe. It was very flavorful and not too heavy."
"This absolutely one my family's favorite recipes. I can see why it won a contest!"
"I made this for Thanksgiving and it is so, very good! My daughter has requested it once a month. I'll make it each holiday."
"OH MY, i also reduced the sugar and found it was great. I reduced sugar by 1/4 cup"
"This was okay, but we found it way too sweet, especially the topping. If I make it again I'd make half of the topping as there is way too much and also reduce the sugar content significantly."
"This was a big hit. I left out the orange liqueur. I baked the crust for about 15 minutes at 350, so it wouldn't crumble. Also made one without crust for a gluten-free version and that was great as well."
"my sister made this for our family get together and we all loved it."
"I used to make this years ago and lost the recipe. I'm so glad to see it posted here. It's one of my all time favorites and will be our dessert tomorrow night."
"This dessert was gone before our church fellowship meal began; folks were still looking for a slice. A great, tasty hit!"
"I made this today for my husbands birthday cake. I eliminated the pecans (due to a nut allergy) and added an additional 15 vanilla wafers. Instead of a pie pan, I used a spring form pan. It came out perfectly. We all enjoyed this immensley. My 14 year old said that she is taking this treat to school on "Pi" day."
"This was the best raspberry pie I have ever eaten in my life. I will make it again and again."
"Excellent and a nice change from cheese cake.Raspberries are my favourite, but will try with other fruit - probably blueberries next.Pleased to see a recipe with butter and real cream as I don't believe in manufactured products like margarine and packaged/frozen whipped toppings. Will make for a treat and special occasions!"
"Very good. You don't really need to add the liqueurs. Actually, too, you could use another toppings such as pie filling (to hasten and simplify.)"
"I didnt have time for the crust, so I used graham cracker, everything else was wonderful, made the same thing in strawberry. Everyone loved it!"
"Raspberry cream pie is one my family loves to make and one we use when we have special company coming. It's delicious and going in my recipe box, as we make it whenever we can."
"My mom used to make raspberry cream pie but she did it much like banana cream. She put the berries on the bottom. YUMMY"
"It was fine, but nothing particularly special, especially when considering it's such a high-calorie dessert with the whipped cream. The cream layer is very fluffy and airy, think frozen whipped topping, except not nearly as sweet. It seemed too insubstantial to be paired with a crust. I also had trouble serving this and having the pieces remain intact. I will not be making this again; I’d much rather have a raspberry cream cheese pie."