Contest-Winning Raspberry Chocolate Torte Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 4 teaspoons raspberry gelatin
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 cups (12 ounces ) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and cocoa; gradually beat into the creamed mixture. Transfer to prepared pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. Carefully remove waxed paper.
- 3. For glaze, stir water and gelatin until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in jam. Brush evenly over bottom of cake. Trim edges; cut cake widthwise into thirds.
- 4. For topping, in a microwave, melt chips; stir until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping until blended; fold in remaining whipped topping (mixture will be thick).
- 5. Place one cake layer on a serving platter; spread with 3/4 cup topping. Repeat layers; top with remaining cake. Frost and decorate with raspberries and remaining topping. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 614 calories, 32 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.