- 1 cup complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup maple syrup, warmed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, cinnamon and ginger. In a small bowl, whisk water and pumpkin until blended; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Flatten with back of spoon. When underside is browned, turn pancakes and cook until second side is browned. Top with syrup and pecans. Yield: 6 pancakes.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Pumpkin Pancakes
Sort By :
"this recipe was easy and delicious!! used leftover pumpkin puree from Thanksgiving.. Will definitely be making this again!!"
"Great pancakes, but the recipe is from Sandra Lee's book Semi-Homemade Cooking. I am surprised Reiman didn't catch the plagiairism."
"why use a pancake mix? Spoiled the flavor for me."
"Loved these!!! Quick and easy and they tasted fabulous!!"
"Loved these!!! Easy to make too. Be sure you use pancake mix that only requires water...NOT something like Bisquick. Great recipe!!"