Contest-Winning Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe
It's tough to resist a second piece of this delightful treat with its comforting flavor. It's a breeze to throw together because it calls for pound cake mix and canned pumpkin. —Sarah Steele Moulton, Alabama
- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour half of the pumpkin mixture into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle half over the batter. Carefully spread with remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining topping (pan will be full).
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 385 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Pumpkin Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC