- 32 gingersnap cookies, crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Maple syrup
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, cinnamon and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust; sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of baking dish to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into squares; serve with syrup and, if desired, sweetened whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Pumpkin Cheesecake Dessert
"My cheesecake recipes are really tough to get 5 stars. I LOVE CHEESECAKE!! This was pretty good though, especially one that you can cook in a 13 x 9 pan!?!"
"A keeper !! for years I have been passing the recipe around, everybody loves it. I use store bought ready crust graham pie crust and I omit the maple syrup : )"
"I made this last night after seeing it on Facebook. I have to say I was underwhelmed by it. Even though I added more cinnamon and a little allspice and nutmeg, it just tasted bland to me. My hubby liked it though."
"I make this often. Everyone just loves it and asks for the recipe. I make it all year round, not just for Thanksgiving. It is so easy to make."
"I haven't made this yet but would like to for Thanksgiving. However, I only want to make it for 4 people, how do I cut it down that far? Obviously I'm not much of a cook!"
"I have one recipe that says to use 3 eggs and this one says 5 eggs?!?!?! Does it change it any?"
"But in the nutritional info, how can there be only 7G fat in 24 servings when there are 5 pkgs. of cream cheese in the recipe. The fat grams in one eight ounce pkg of cream cheese is probably close to 80 Grams of fat, times 5 that is way more fat than stated. Maybe it is FatFree cream cheese?"
"Oh my goodness!!! This dessert is fabulous. I made it for a group that came to my home and everyone, even those who were not cheesecake fans, loved this. Instead of the maple syrup topping, I added a 3/4 cup more sugar and 1 more teaspoon of cinnamon to the filling and ground pecans to the crust. This recipe is a keeper and I will make it again and again!!"
"This cheersecake looks absolutely divine. Have not yet made it, but plan to make one as a "trial run" - my family will let me know. As with all TOH recipes, this looks worthy of a '5' rating. Thank you for sharing this recipe."