Contest-Winning Pumpkin Cheesecake Dessert Recipe
With its gingersnap crust and maple syrup drizzle, this rich and creamy spiced pumpkin dessert never fails to get rave reviews. It cuts nicely, too. —Cathy Hall, Phoenix, Arizona
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling YIELD:24 servings
- 32 gingersnap cookies, crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Maple syrup
- 1. In a small bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, cinnamon and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust; sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of baking dish to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Cut into squares; serve with syrup. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 24 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 143 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC