- 32 gingersnap cookies, crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Maple syrup
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, cinnamon and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust; sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of baking dish to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into squares; serve with syrup and, if desired, sweetened whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Pumpkin Cheesecake Dessert
"My cheesecake recipes are really tough to get 5 stars. I LOVE CHEESECAKE!! This was pretty good though, especially one that you can cook in a 13 x 9 pan!?!"
"A keeper !! for years I have been passing the recipe around, everybody loves it. I omit the maple syrup. : )"
"I made this last night after seeing it on Facebook. I have to say I was underwhelmed by it. Even though I added more cinnamon and a little allspice and nutmeg, it just tasted bland to me. My hubby liked it though."
"I make this often. Everyone just loves it and asks for the recipe. I make it all year round, not just for Thanksgiving. It is so easy to make."