Contest-Winning Pork Chops with Apple Stuffing Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 3 cups day-old cubed bread, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add pork chops; toss to coat. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops for about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, apples, celery, onion, poultry seasoning, pepper and remaining salt; toss to coat. Add water and butter; toss to coat.
- 3. Place 1/2 cup of stuffing on each pork chop. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 pork chop with stuffing) equals 345 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 787 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Pork Chops with Apple Stuffing
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer