- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 3 cups day-old cubed bread, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add pork chops; toss to coat. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops for about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, apples, celery, onion, poultry seasoning, pepper and remaining salt; toss to coat. Add water and butter; toss to coat.
- Place 1/2 cup of stuffing on each pork chop. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Contest-Winning Pork Chops with Apple Stuffing
"This was great! I was a little worried the stuffing would be dry, but it was perfect. I sprinkled the top with a few dried cranberries to add some color. Tasted delicious!"