Contest-Winning Poppy Seed Bundt Cake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, oil, poppy seeds, extracts and flavoring. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture until blended.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 slice: 442 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Contest-Winning Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
"My daughter used this recipe for a county fair project then sent it to the ND State Fair and won the grand champion award! She also made one to practice and we got to eat it at home and it is SO yummy!"
"So easy to make and delicious too."