Contest-Winning Poppy Seed Bundt Cake Recipe
Since this moist cake keeps so well, you can make it the day before serving. It freezes beautifully, too. Flavored with almond extract and poppy seeds, it's great for taking to a picnic or potluck or to present as a hostess gift.
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, oil, poppy seeds, extracts and flavoring. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture until blended.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 slice: 442 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Contest-Winning Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2010
"So easy to make and delicious too."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC