- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, oil, poppy seeds, extracts and flavoring. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Bundt Cake in Country Woman November/December 2004, p29
Reviews for Contest-Winning Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2016
"My daughter used this recipe for a county fair project then sent it to the ND State Fair and won the grand champion award! She also made one to practice and we got to eat it at home and it is SO yummy!"
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2010
"So easy to make and delicious too."