Contest-Winning Pineapple Ham Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, ground (4 cups)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon mustard, salt and pepper. Add ham and pork; mix well. Shape into eight oval patties; set aside.
- 2. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Place a pineapple slice between each ham patty. (Refrigerate remaining pineapple and juice for another use.) Carefully place in an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Pat patties around pineapple to form a loaf.
- 3. Combine brown sugar, remaining mustard and reserved juice; pour a small amount over loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until lightly browned and a thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with remaining juice mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 piece) equals 0 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 0 carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer