Contest-Winning Picnic Pasta Salad
My family's not big on traditional pasta salads made with mayonnaise, so when I served this colorful version that uses Italian dressing, it was a big hit. This crowd-pleaser is loaded with vegetables, beans and tricolor pasta.
-Felicia Fiocchi, Vineland, New Jersey
14-16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated tricolor tortellini
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli florets (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 12 ounces provolone cheese, cubed
- 12 ounces hard salami, cubed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- Cook spiral pasta and tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the
- artichokes, broccoli, provolone cheese, salami, peppers, beans,
- olives, onion and garlic.
- Prepare salad dressing according to package directions; pour over
- salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
- Yield: 14-16 servings.