Contest-Winning Peppery Cheese Bread Recipe
"This is my daughter, Kendra's, favorite savory quick bread. When the warm, moist bread hits your palate, it's just heavenly! This bread never lasts long in our house." Sharon Boren Salem, Oregon
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, oil, milk and mustard. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese and onions.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice equals 183 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Peppery Cheese Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC