"This is my daughter, Kendra's, favorite savory quick bread. When the warm, moist bread hits your palate, it's just heavenly! This bread never lasts long in our house." Sharon Boren Salem, Oregon
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, oil, milk and mustard. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese and onions.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Peppery Cheese Bread in Taste of Home February/March 2009, p42
Reviews for Contest-Winning Peppery Cheese Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review