- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, pizza sauce, pepperoni, water, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle servings with cheese. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Contest-Winning Pepperoni Pizza Chili
Sort By :
"Delicious! I used 2 lbs of ground turkey & regular ital sausage. Turkey pepperoni too. I did let the meat & veggies cook for about an hour then added rest of ingredients along with the turkey pepperoni. The chili was served with Jiffy corn bread muffins and this added very nicely to the recipe!!!"
"This was delicious. I didn't have any mozzarella cheese so I added a dollop of sour cream. Everyone loved it, even my picky eaters."
"What could make this appealing for almost everyone would be to make your favorite 'red chili' recipe. Sub in the pizza sauce for tomato sauce then add pepperoni. Everyone has a favorite that they always go to, make 2 changes and BINGO."
"We love it a lot"
"Added a pint jar of undrained canned tomatoes from the cellar instead of the plain water. Also added 8oz mushrooms & sauteed them with the meat and other veggies. Put the garlic in the pot after I drained the meat... otherwise all of that good flaver drains off. It's a good chili recipe!"