Contest-Winning Pepperoni Pizza Chili Recipe
Pizza and chili together—what could be better? Fill folks up at halftime when you set out bowls of this chili. —Jennifer Gelormino, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the salsa, beans, pizza sauce, pepperoni, water, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle servings with cheese. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup chili with 1/4 cup cheese equals 464 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,240 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC