Contest-Winning Pepperoni Pizza Chili Recipe
Pizza and chili together—what could be better? Fill folks up at halftime when you set out bowls of this chili. —Jennifer Gelormino, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the salsa, beans, pizza sauce, pepperoni, water, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle servings with cheese. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup chili with 1/4 cup cheese equals 464 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,240 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC