Contest-Winning Pecan-Crusted Chicken
After trying something similar at a restaurant, I created these impressive baked chicken breasts with a pecan coating. For a special night, I recommend them with mashed sweet potatoes and a side of cooked canned cherries. –Ramona Parris, Marietta, Georgia
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 package (4.2 ounces) seasoned coating mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat egg whites.
- In another shallow bowl, combine coating mix, pecans and five-spice
- powder. Dip chicken into egg whites, then roll in coating mixture.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 25
- minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 184 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 632 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.