Contest-Winning Pecan-Crusted Chicken Recipe
- 3 egg whites
- 1 package (4.2 ounces) seasoned coating mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat egg whites. In another shallow bowl, combine coating mix, pecans and five-spice powder. Dip chicken into egg whites, then roll in coating mixture.
- 2. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 184 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 632 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Pecan-Crusted Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.