- 3 egg whites
- 1 package (4.2 ounces) seasoned coating mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat egg whites. In another shallow bowl, combine coating mix, pecans and five-spice powder. Dip chicken into egg whites, then roll in coating mixture.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Pecan-Crusted Chicken
Sort By :
"This was an excellent recipe. I used the thin chicken breasts and Shake N Bake Oven Fried seasoned coating mix. However, I would not recommend serving with heated canned cherries as suggested. I tried and it didn't taste right to me at least."
"I made this for dinner tonight. A success and voted "great dish to make again" by everyone. Thank you for the recipe."
" I won TOH's first contest with a nutty oven fried chicken recipe! Keep up the good work...I'll have to try your version...sounds yummy!! Diane"
"When you said "Coating Mix" which one? This sounds good and I want to make it this week.Thanks"