After trying something similar at a restaurant, I created these impressive baked chicken breasts with a pecan coating. For a special night, I recommend them with mashed sweet potatoes and a side of cooked canned cherries. –Ramona Parris, Marietta, Georgia
- 3 egg whites
- 1 package (4.2 ounces) seasoned coating mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat egg whites. In another shallow bowl, combine coating mix, pecans and five-spice powder. Dip chicken into egg whites, then roll in coating mixture.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pecan-Crusted Chicken in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Pecan-Crusted Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review