Contest-Winning Pecan Caramel Bars Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the milk, egg and maple flavoring. Stir in the butterscotch chips. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 371 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Contest-Winning Pecan Caramel Bars
"Tasty and chewy"
"I have made pecan bars from many different recipes, and this is by far the best. Every time I make them, someone asks for the recipe. The butterscotch chips is what does it!"