- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the milk, egg and maple flavoring. Stir in the butterscotch chips. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Caramel Bars in Country October/November 2005, p49
Reviews for Contest-Winning Pecan Caramel Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2012
"Tasty and chewy"
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2011
"I have made pecan bars from many different recipes, and this is by far the best. Every time I make them, someone asks for the recipe. The butterscotch chips is what does it!"