Big and little kids alike look forward to eating these snacks that have all the flavor of Payday candy bars. Not only do they beat the clock when time is tight, but they make great contributions to bake sales. -Janice Huelsmann, Trenton, Illinois
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- PEANUT TOPPING:
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water, butter and egg until blended (batter will be thick). Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows are melted. Place on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the peanut butter chips, corn syrup and butter; cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the cereal, peanuts and vanilla. Spread over marshmallows. Cool completely. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Mallow Bars in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p29
Reviews for Contest-Winning Peanut Mallow Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review