Contest-Winning Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the water, soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, lemon juice, garlic and pepper flakes; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir-fry broccoli and carrot in remaining oil for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir sauce mixture; add sauce and chicken to skillet. Return chicken to the skillet. Drain noodles; toss with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry
Sort By :
Nice, quick recipe. I added a touch more peanut butter and extra garlic. Thanks for the recipe!
I followed the recipe as is, I agree with another viewer, it needs a little more kick.
This was so delicious! I didn't have access to rice noodles, so I followed the suggested use of linguine noodles and it was divine! I had some extra vegetables left in my fridge that I needed to get rid of, so I added some chopped onion when I was stir-frying the chicken, and with the broccoli I added some chopped red pepper. I like more spice so I put about a tablespoon of the crushed red peppers, and when I was finished I put it over a bed of rice. It was very filling, and it was so good!
Didn't like this at all, was too rich and if ended up getting fed to the chickens.
This was so delicious. I used the linguine noodle. My daughter asked if I would make it again tomorrow! Will definitely make again soon.