Contest-Winning Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the water, soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, lemon juice, garlic and pepper flakes; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir-fry broccoli and carrot in remaining oil for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir sauce mixture; add sauce and chicken to skillet. Return chicken to the skillet. Drain noodles; toss with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 361 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 525 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.