- 8 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the water, soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, lemon juice, garlic and pepper flakes; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir-fry broccoli and carrot in remaining oil for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir sauce mixture; add sauce and chicken to skillet. Return chicken to the skillet. Drain noodles; toss with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry
"This was delicious! It didn't taste to much like peanut butter at all. I even got it by two family members that don't like peanut butter! Next time I am adding different kinds of veges and serving it with fried rice. Very good and easy to make!"
"I added bamboo shoots water chestnuts diced peanuts and used siraccha"
"Super easy (especially since I bought a bunch of boneless, skinless chicken thighs a while back and then cubed, packaged and froze them, which saved me that step). I used rice noodles as recommended - yum - but got lazy and just bought a bag of broccoli/carrot slaw. The veggies are already grated, so bite-sized, and the color really comes out when you saute them. I *definitely* will double the sauce next time; it was fine until we added the noodles, and then there just wasn't enough to go around. I, like others, would also at least double the red pepper - hardly any perceptible kick with the amount provided for by the recipe.Definitely a keeper!"
"It was very tasty , made it exactly as written exept fettuccine instead of rice noodles. I will make this again ! Next time I will add a bit more red pepper flakes,broccoli and carrots."
"It’s not often that I have a recipe completely fail, but this one just did not turn out for me! I made it for myself & boyfriend - he absolutely hated it. I thought it was ok, but definitely tasted too peanut-buttery (and I love peanut butter). I ended up rinsing off the sauce in a colander and just making a replacement sauce with powdered ginger, soy sauce & a small amount of brown sugar. That greatly improved things, and the chicken still had the slightest hint of peanut butter - which was just enough. If I was going to make this again, I would use only 2 tsp of peanut butter."
"Awesome quick meal for a weeknight. Used linguine, next time I will kick up the heat and use more crushed red pepper."
"Nice, quick recipe. I added a touch more peanut butter and extra garlic. Thanks for the recipe!"
"I followed the recipe as is, I agree with another viewer, it needs a little more kick."
"<p>This was so delicious! I didn't have access to rice noodles, so I followed the suggested use of linguine noodles and it was divine! I had some extra vegetables left in my fridge that I needed to get rid of, so I added some chopped onion when I was stir-frying the chicken, and with the broccoli I added some chopped red pepper. I like more spice so I put about a tablespoon of the crushed red peppers, and when I was finished I put it over a bed of rice. It was very filling, and it was so good!</p>"
"Didn't like this at all, was too rich and if ended up getting fed to the chickens."