Contest-Winning Peanut Butter Squares Recipe
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in the cracker crumbs, coconut, peanuts and wheat germ. Press into a greased 13x9-in. pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine filling ingredients. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Pour over filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until topping is set. Cut into squares. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 121 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Peanut Butter Squares
"Very yummy and easy to make. My four year old was even able to assist with some of the mixing."
"This was heavenly. The cream cheese really made it great. I left out the wheat germ, but this recipe was great. Easy to make."
"This recipe is outstanding. easy to prepare and very tasty. i made it for a family brunch and everyone loved it!"