Contest-Winning Peanut Butter Squares Recipe
I grew up in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania and spent a lot of time in the kitchen with my mom and grandmother making Pennsylvania Dutch classics. This scrumptious recipe, which combines two of our favorite flavors, is one I adapted. -Rachel Keller, Roanoke, Virginia
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in the cracker crumbs, coconut, peanuts and wheat germ. Press into a greased 13x9-in. pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine filling ingredients. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Pour over filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until topping is set. Cut into squares. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 121 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Peanut Butter Squares
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC