Contest-Winning Peanut Butter Squares Recipe
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in the cracker crumbs, coconut, peanuts and wheat germ. Press into a greased 13x9-in. pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine filling ingredients. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Pour over filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until topping is set. Cut into squares. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Peanut Butter Squares
Sort By :
"Very yummy and easy to make. My four year old was even able to assist with some of the mixing."
"This was heavenly. The cream cheese really made it great. I left out the wheat germ, but this recipe was great. Easy to make."
"This recipe is outstanding. easy to prepare and very tasty. i made it for a family brunch and everyone loved it!"