Contest-Winning Orange-Glazed Cornish Hens Recipe
- 4 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Madeira wine,sherry or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Tie legs of each hen together; turn wing tips under backs. Place on a greased rack in a roasting pan. Brush with butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- In a saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Spoon over hens. Bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Orange-Glazed Cornish Hens
Sort By :
It was good, We ate 1/2 hen (like said above) and we were full, We ate with baked potato, green beans and whole grain roll...
The serving size indicates 'half' yet 4 hens serve 4 people. Can I presume that 682 calories is a whole hen each?
These are just incredible! The pan drippings make a nice dipping sauce for fries!