With their refreshing blend of citrus and blueberry flavors, these tender muffins are perfect for breakfast or a snack. My mother and husband really enjoy the sweet nut topping on these treats.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine oats and orange juice. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Combine the oil, eggs and oat mixture; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries and orange peel.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Blueberry Muffins in Country Woman May/June 2004, p31
Reviews for Contest-Winning Orange Blueberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review