- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender; drain. Place in a large bowl; add eggs, celery and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Old-Fashioned Potato Salad
Sort By :
My husband really loves mustard potato salad, and I searched and found this, not realizing that it only called for 1tsp of mustard. So we followed the recipe, adding a bit more salt and pepper as well as paprika, and then put maybe a half cup, 3/4 cup of mustard. Pretty good, but the cook time on the potatoes is way too long. Keep close on the potatoes while they're boiling.....keep them from getting mushy. I'll make this again.
I really LOVE the dressing for this potato salad! It is for sure NOT the crap that everyone always picks up at the grocery store on the way to a BBQ that no one ever eats! lol. The vinegar and sugar adds a great flavor for sure.
I like this one the best.
ABSOLUTELY the BEST potato salad I have ever eaten!!
I love potato salad and I have tried all kind s and found this one to be the best one I don/t add my mayo sauce till i am ready to serve .that way it stay fresh