Contest-Winning Old-Fashioned Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 beef eye round roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. Place roast in an ungreased roasting pan. Combine the chili sauce, water and onion soup mix; pour over roast. Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours.
- 2. Cut roast into 1/2-in. slices; return to pan. Top with the potatoes, carrots and celery. Cover and bake 1 hour longer or until meat and vegetables are tender, stirring the vegetables once. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 338 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 982mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein .
Reviews for Contest-Winning Old-Fashioned Pot Roast
"Very tasty easy to prepare one dish meal! The chili gives the roast a great flavor!"
"This was OK. The chili sauce definitely gives it a different flavor than other recipes for pot roast. My roast was over 3 pounds and 3 hours was way too long to cook it....it got extremely dried out. It was probably done at the 2 hour mark when I added the vegetables."
"My whole family loves this recipe. We have it a couple times a month once fall and winter hit. The flavor is awesome and the leftovers reheat really well.Terri"
"Super simple and super yummy!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.