Contest-Winning Old-Fashioned Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 beef eye round roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. Place roast in an ungreased roasting pan. Combine the chili sauce, water and onion soup mix; pour over roast. Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours.
- 2. Cut roast into 1/2-in. slices; return to pan. Top with the potatoes, carrots and celery. Cover and bake 1 hour longer or until meat and vegetables are tender, stirring the vegetables once. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 338 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 982 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Old-Fashioned Pot Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.