Contest-Winning Neapolitan Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 to 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam, warmed
- Sliced fresh strawberries and sweetened whipped cream
- 1. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of pan; set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the flour, cream and extracts. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Divide batter into thirds.
- 4. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; cool to room temperature. Stir melted chocolate into one portion of batter; pour over crust. In a food processor, puree strawberries. Add pureed strawberries and food coloring if desired to another portion; gently spread over chocolate layer. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Gently spread remaining batter over top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 6. Remove sides of pan. Drizzle jam over cheesecake; garnish with strawberries and whipped cream. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice (calculated without garnishes): 563 calories, 38g fat (22g saturated fat), 167mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Neapolitan Cheesecake
"I took this cheesecake to a community event and it was the star of the evening! An unknown gentleman actually got down on his knees to thank me for this beautiful, absolutely scrumptious slice of heaven!"
"Fantastic! Delicious! Amazing! So good! You need to try this if you like baked cheesecakes! Instead of the recommended garnish, I just covered the cheesecake in a dark chocolate ganache and drizzled it with white chocolate- also stunning and very tasty! Received many compliments on this cheesecake! I made it in a 10 inch pan but still baked for about as long as the recipe recommended."