- onto the bottom of pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in
- the flour, cream and extracts. Add eggs; beat on low speed just
- until combined. Divide batter into thirds.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; cool to room temperature. Stir
- melted chocolate into one portion of batter; pour over crust. In a
- food processor, puree strawberries. Add pureed strawberries and food
- coloring if desired to another portion; gently spread over chocolate
- layer. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot
- water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until center is just set and top
- appears dull. Gently spread remaining batter over top. Bake for
- 25-30 minutes or until top appears dull. Remove springform pan from
- water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a
- knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate
- Remove sides of pan. Drizzle jam over cheesecake; garnish with
- strawberries and whipped cream. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without garnishes) equals 563 calories, 38 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 167 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.