Contest-Winning Neapolitan Cheesecake Recipe
As a child, I loved Neapolitan ice cream. I thought it would be fun to create a cheesecake with the same flavors. This smooth, creamy layered beauty is the result. Each layer is just rich with flavor. —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
- 1 cup cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 to 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam, warmed
- Sliced fresh strawberries and sweetened whipped cream
- 1. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of pan; set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the flour, cream and extracts. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Divide batter into thirds.
- 4. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; cool to room temperature. Stir melted chocolate into one portion of batter; pour over crust. In a food processor, puree strawberries. Add pureed strawberries and food coloring if desired to another portion; gently spread over chocolate layer. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Gently spread remaining batter over top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 6. Remove sides of pan. Drizzle jam over cheesecake; garnish with strawberries and whipped cream. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice (calculated without garnishes) equals 563 calories, 38 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 167 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC