Contest-Winning Mud Pie Recipe
"Coming from the South, we fell in love with this chocolate pie that’s filled with pecans," Deboraha Woolard shares from Las Vegas, Nevada. "It could take all day to put together, but my version takes just 15 minutes of preparation before it’s stored in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve."
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir in condensed milk until smooth. Pour into crust; sprinkle with pecans.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Carefully spread 1-1/2 cups of pudding mixture over pecans.
- 3. Fold 1/2 cup whipped topping into the remaining pudding mixture; spoon over pudding layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Chill until set. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 368 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Mud Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC