Contest-Winning Mud Pie Recipe
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir in condensed milk until smooth. Pour into crust; sprinkle with pecans.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Carefully spread 1-1/2 cups of pudding mixture over pecans.
- 3. Fold 1/2 cup whipped topping into the remaining pudding mixture; spoon over pudding layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Chill until set. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 368 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Mud Pie
"I served this as one of several pies at Thanksgiving and it was a big hit! It is easy to make and delicious."
"This pie is a chocoholic's delight!"
"This is a REALLY good recipe... thanks for sharing!"