You don't have to spend a lot of time to serve an elegant and delicious dessert. You can quickly mix up the batter in one bowl, bake your cake and serve a crowd. —Christa Hageman, Telford, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add the eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes (batter will be thin). Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Moist Chocolate Cake in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p27
Reviews for Contest-Winning Moist Chocolate Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review