Contest-Winning Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add the eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes (batter will be thin). Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Moist Chocolate Cake
Sort By :
"This is the most delicious cake, I've made it many times, just a sprinkle of confectionery sugar makes it perfect, if I make if a gift, I get a silk seasonal flower for the center just as pictured. I have a convection oven, for those who do, cook it 5 min. less, either that or watch it carefully, when overcooked it becomes dry and not so 5 star, but still delish with a scoop of ice cream on it, so don't heave it, freeze it in chunks for just that purpose."
"Quick to make and very moist. I used decaf coffee and served it with a praline sauce. Delicious!"
"Very moist and tasty - definitely will make again and again!"
"This is an awesome chocolate cake. Very moist. Didn't have canola oil so I substituted with vegetable oil. Will definitely make again."
"The best chocolate cake recipe I've ever made. It was consumed in less than two days at my house; my teenagers loved it! Moist, chocolatey and so easy to make. I made a chocolate ganache and drizzled on top. Delish!!"