- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add the eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes (batter will be thin). Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Moist Chocolate Cake
"I will definitely keep this recipe the ingredients are very accessible in every kitchen and they are very economical to use. Simple to make. The cake is so moist and so tasty. Thank you for a great recipe."
"Wow ! A lot of people seem to like this cake. The only reason I gave it 0 stars was because I haven't tried it. I definitely will try it though and try to post a review about it to help other people:) I'm sure it will be amazing !"
"I give it 5 stars because the it was delicious, but it stuck so badly to the pan that it was ruined and I had to make another. I used butter to grease the pan and flour as the recipe suggested. I've never had an issue before; it was very disappointing. But nevertheless my husband loved it and said he would give it 25 stars :)"
"I have been baking for years, and I have made many bunt cakes. I have never had one stick to the pan like this one. I followed the recipe as written, so I don't know what went wrong. I will not be making this again."
"One of the best chocolate cakes that I have made. Very rich. To make the strong coffee, I put 2 tsp instant coffee in a measuring cup and added water to make one cup. I frosted it with chocolate ganache using the recipe from this site and then since I was serving for Easter, sprinkled on Easter candy quins."
"This is our most favorite chocolate cake ever. Nothing compares to it! Super easy to make & so so moist. I top it with a chocolate ganache & mini chocolate chips. (For the ganache I use 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1 T sugar & 2/3 cup of milk chocolate or bittersweet chips. Heat until melted on stovetop). I substitute 1 cup of water for the coffee as I am not a coffee drinker."