Contest-Winning Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe
This proves you don't have to spend a lot to serve an elegant and delicious dessert. We have friends who are very picky eaters, and this is their absolute favorite chocolate cake. You can quickly mix up the batter in one bowl, bake your cake and serve a crowd for just 14¢ a slice. —Christa Hageman Telford, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add the eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes (batter will be thin). Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 315 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 473 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC