- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add the eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes (batter will be thin). Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Moist Chocolate Cake
Sort By :
"This chocolate cake is amazing! Easy, moist and nice chocolate flavor. You can taste the coffee in the batter but not in the cooled cake. It just adds a deeper fuller taste. Sometime I substitute half the cocoa powder with dark chocolate powder. I occasionally try different chocolate cake recipes and even if they are good I always come back to this cake as a reliable, delicious go to option."
"I'm in love with this recipe. The best chocolate cake ever, and with the coffee you can change up the flavor and get a different flavor cake. 10 star"
"Does it have a coffee flavor? Not a coffee drinker here and I usually don't like anything coffee flavored either."
"Tastes just like my mom's Wacky Cake growing up that we had for all of our birthdays. I am diabetic and would like to know how the 52 g of carbs is split out showing the total grams of sugar. I know that the flour is also carbs but I am planning on using Splenda instead of sugar and need to know total carbs. Can anyone help me out with this? By the way, everyone at work loved this moist cake."
"This is the most delicious cake, I've made it many times, just a sprinkle of confectionery sugar makes it perfect, if I make if a gift, I get a silk seasonal flower for the center just as pictured. I have a convection oven, for those who do, cook it 5 min. less, either that or watch it carefully, when overcooked it becomes dry and not so 5 star, but still delish with a scoop of ice cream on it, so don't heave it, freeze it in chunks for just that purpose."