Contest-Winning Mocha Fondue Recipe
At our friends’ 25th anniversary celebration, several couples had fun concocting this chocolate fondue. With fresh fruit, marshmallows, pretzels and vanilla wafers as dippers, everyone will want to dive into dessert!
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- Cubed pound cake, sliced bananas and fresh strawberries and pineapple chunks
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until chips are melted. Remove from heat. In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with cake and fruit. Yield: 10 servings.
1/4 cup (calculated without dippers): 295 calories, 24g fat (15g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Mocha Fondue
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC