Contest-Winning Mocha Fondue
At our friends’ 25th anniversary celebration, several couples had fun concocting this chocolate fondue. With fresh fruit, marshmallows, pretzels and vanilla wafers as dippers, everyone will want to dive into dessert!
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- Cubed pound cake, sliced bananas and fresh strawberries and pineapple chunks
- In a heavy saucepan, combine chocolate chips, butter, cream, coffee
- and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until chips are melted.
- Remove from heat. In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot
- mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Cook
- and stir until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with cake and fruit.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without dippers) equals 295 calories, 24 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.