- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- Cubed pound cake, sliced bananas and fresh strawberries and pineapple chunks
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the chocolate chips, butter, cream, coffee and salt. Stir 1/2 cup into egg yolks; return all to the pan. Cook and stir until mixture reaches 160°. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with cake and fruit. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mocha Fondue in Country Woman March/April 2006, p45
Reviews for Contest-Winning Mocha Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review