- Transfer to two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 22-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and
- vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a
- serving plate; top with 1/3 cup lemon curd. Repeat layers twice. Top
- with remaining cake layer. Spread remaining lemon curd over top of
- cake within 1 in. of edges. Frost sides and top edge of cake with 3
- cups whipped cream mixture. Pipe remaining mixture around edges.
- Yield: 12 servings.
To Make Ahead: The cake layers can be made the day before serving. Store in resealable plastic bags at room temperature. Editor's Note: We recommend using a Duncan Hines 18-1/4 ounce cake mix for this recipe.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 502 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.