“This sweet and colorful fruit compote is perfect with an egg casserole at a holiday brunch. It can bake right alongside the eggs, so everything is conveniently done at the same time,” notes Joyce Moynihan in Lakeville, Minnesota.
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears, drained
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 package (20 ounces) pitted dried plums
- 1 jar (16 ounces) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread pie filling over fruit mixture; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Hot Fruit Compote in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p34
Reviews for Contest-Winning Hot Fruit Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review