With its red and green ingredients, this salad is perfect for Christmas meals. Local cranberries and blue cheese make a great combination with salad greens, apples, walnuts and a simple cranberry vinaigrette. It’s a family favorite.
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium red apples, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, apples, blue cheese, cranberries, walnuts and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Tossed Salad in Country December/January 2006, p49
Reviews for Contest-Winning Holiday Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review