- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium red apples, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, apples, blue cheese, cranberries, walnuts and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Holiday Tossed Salad
Sort By :
"I served the Holiday Tossed Salad at my families Chirstmas dinner. Everyone loved it! This recipe is a keeper!"
"Still making this salad and have yet to run into someone who doesn't like it. One additional tip --- I briefly toss the cut apples with lemon-lime soda to prevent browning. The soda doesn't add any additional flavor, but it does keep my apples looking nice and white! I double the dressing up front and serve half on the side for those who like their salads more than just "dressed.""
"This is a delicious salad! I am quite fond of blue cheese, but many that I serve this to are not. I have had good success substituting crumbled feta and diced brie cheese. I add 2-3 tbsp. of white sugar to the dressing; it's a bit tart for my taste, even though I love cranberries. Never fails to please!"