Contest-Winning Holiday Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (about 6 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Maraschino cherries
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove in each diamond. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a small saucepan, combine pineapple juice, preserves, mustard and allspice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Spoon half of the glaze over ham. Secure pineapple slices and cherries on top and sides of ham with toothpicks.
- 4. Bake 30-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting twice with remaining glaze. Yield: 16 servings.
5 ounces ham (calculated without cherries) equals 249 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,776 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer