Contest-Winning Holiday Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (about 6 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Maraschino cherries
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove in each diamond. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a small saucepan, combine pineapple juice, preserves, mustard and allspice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Spoon half of the glaze over ham. Secure pineapple slices and cherries on top and sides of ham with toothpicks.
- 4. Bake 30-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting twice with remaining glaze. Yield: 16 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 249 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1776mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Holiday Glazed Ham
"The glaze is wonderful on this ham, and easy to put together ahead of time for a holiday meal."
"I made this recipe last year and it was beyond a hit...it is now demanded. I literally am pulling my ham out of the over in less than 10 minutes and the house is filled with the sweet aromas and our belly's are growling."
"this looks wonderful and want to try it, I am curious as to what kind of ham you are using. I never see 6 lb boneless hams anywhere except in the deli. Is that what you are using?"
"I made this before Easter so I would know how it would turn out and it was quite wonderful and loved preparing this ham. This will be our Easter Ham, thank you so much for this recipe!!!!"
"I changed up the preserves from apricot to orange marmalade mixed with pineapple jam I had on hand. Left off the sliced pineapple & cherries. Loved it and now make my ham this way every time."
"not enough tasre to it you have much better"
"very easy and tasty"
"This is the glaze I have been using for years. My husband raves to everyone about how great my ham is. I haven't even thought about making a different glaze since I found this recipe. It's sweet, but not overwhelming."