- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup cut fresh or frozen green beans
- In a large saucepan, brown beef; drain. Add the next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender. Add green beans. Cover and simmer 15 minutes longer or until the beans are tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Contest-Winning Hearty Hamburger Soup
Sort By :
"Super easy to make. I used beef broth instead of granules and used a dash of Italian seasoning since I was out of oregano. It was a great little soup!"
"Amazing! We all enjoyed this soup so much, and my 3 & 4 year old ate it all up. Thank you so much for sharing this. I have a new favorite soup."
"We love this easy stew."
"Very tasty! I changed some of the spices to my liking, but other than that, this was great! ^_^"
"Amazing every time! I don't make any changes except use Hunt's Diced Tomatoes Fire Roasted With Garlic for the canned tomatoes in the recipe. Even with regular unflavored canned tomatoes it still tastes amazing. Sometimes I add some chopped green bell pepper too in addition to everything else. So good."