Contest-Winning Hearty Hamburger Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup cut fresh or frozen green beans
- In a large saucepan, brown beef; drain. Add the next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender. Add beans. Cover and simmer 15 minutes longer or until the beans are tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Contest-Winning Hearty Hamburger Soup
Sort By :
"Quick, easy, and tasty. The only change I made was to sprinkle shredded parmesan on top. Everything else was exactly as written; changes not needed. Will definitely be making this one again."
"Great flavor!! I did not have celery but added chopped green and yellow bell pepper. Used better than bullion instead of regular bullion. 28 oz diced tomatoes. Will make again"
"The soup was quick and easy to make and my kids loved it"
"good soup easy and good"
"I've made this for years for my family and now the kids are grown its a favorite for my husband and I. It's quick to make, ingredients are usually on hand and its easy to double. I made this once for a homeless shelter and the guests loved it. Serve with hot bread and a lettuce salad. Yum"