- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup cut fresh or frozen green beans
- In a large saucepan, brown beef; drain. Add the next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender. Add green beans. Cover and simmer 15 minutes longer or until the beans are tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Contest-Winning Hearty Hamburger Soup
"I didn't have the onions so I substituted shallots. I liked the quickness of this hearty soup."
"This is a great soup for anytime of the week and any weather! Very hearty and absolutely delicious! My family LOVES it when I make it and it doesn't last! :)"
"Enjoyed this simple recipe. I like a little spice so I used a can of original ro- tel and half a can of diced tomatoes. As I was browning the hamburger I added 1 TBS of Worchestershire. I also like my soup a little thicker so I used 3 cups of water and one cup of tomato juice. Just the right amount of extra flavor I was looking for."
"my family loved this. will make again"