Contest-Winning Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
I first served this yummy casserole years ago at a family brunch for my husband's birthday. It was such a hit that it became a mainstay at our family get-togethers. It makes a delicious supper, too, served with fruit salad and crusty bread. -Jan Huntington, Painesville, Ohio
- 12 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and cayenne if desired. Stir in the potatoes, cheese, onion, green pepper and ham.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 212 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 199 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC