- 12 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and cayenne if desired. Stir in the potatoes, cheese, onion, green pepper and ham.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Hash Brown Casserole
Sort By :
"A family favorite! Guests always ask for the recipe."
"This is a great breakfast to make ahead of time for kids going to school. It could use a little kick, but I have one kid that won't eat spicy. You could always add some salsa while eating."
"I made this casserole tonight for dinner. My husband and I thought it lacked something. It is very bland. Also the cooking time is off. It took 65 min in my new oven. Not sure I would ever make this again."
"I made this for a brunch at church. I thought it was great as it is. My husband would prefer less potatoes and more ham. I will try with seasoned sausage next time."
"Best breakfast casserole that I have ever made. I have even made it a day or so before and still turns out. I prefer bacon over the ham but everyone I have served, loves it!"