Contest-Winning Grilled Corn Salsa Recipe
- 8 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into four wedges
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- BASIL VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white balsamic or cider vinegar
- 12 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Fill a soup kettle two-thirds full with water; bring to a boil. Add corn. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove corn; cool slightly.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill the corn, squash, red pepper and onion, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally.
- Cut corn from cobs; cut the squash, red pepper and onion into bite-size pieces. Place vegetables in a large bowl; add tomato.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 7-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Grilled Corn Salsa(3)
Sort By :
Took this to a potluck picnic and it was a great hit. Wonderful combination of flavors.
I've been growing acres of sweet corn for our farm market and I can tell you from experience you do not fill a pot with water to cook sweet corn. An inch or 2 will do with a tall pot and tight fitting lid. You may also skip this step in this recipe. Just husk the corn and grill as directed. Saves a lot of time and effort and doesn't overcook the corn and kill all the nutrients.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Corn on the Cob >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Grilled Corn >
- Grilled Salads >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Squash Recipes >
- Summer Squash Recipes >
- Sweet Corn Recipes >